Description du poste
Background / General description
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector investment arm of the World Bank Group, is one of the leading investors and lenders in emerging markets. The mission of IFC is to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, helping to reduce poverty and improve people’s lives. IFC finances private sector investments in the developing world, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses. The development of infrastructure in Sub-Saharan Africa is a top strategic priority for IFC and for the international development community.
IFC is seeking to recruit an intern for a 6-month period to provide support to other investment staff for the development, execution and monitoring of investments for its Infrastructure Group in the Africa region. This group, focusing on the power, transport, and water infrastructure sector in Sub Saharan Africa, is responsible for sourcing and executing investment transactions and monitoring the transactions in the existing portfolio.
IFC seeks to substantially expand its infrastructure investment activities in Sub Saharan Africa. The existing Infrastructure portfolio of IFC is large and diverse including major projects across the region. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to infrastructure projects in Africa and develop skills in financial analysis, modeling, and project finance in a fast-paced and international environment. Some travel in the region may be required.
The Position is based in Dakar, Senegal.
Duties and Accountabilities
The responsibilities of the Intern include but are not limited to:
– Analyze financial statements and prepare or update financial models;
– Conduct industry, market and company research;
– Write KYC (Know-Your-Client) reports for prospective clients;
– Prepare project-related documents and PowerPoint presentations for internal and external audiences;
– Participate in all aspects of IFC’s project processing cycle from project development to disbursement;
– Collaborate efficiently with a range of industry and regional IFC colleagues feeding back to new business
– Participate in broader portfolio management activities including: (i) preparation of portfolio reports: (ii) sector studies; (iii) trend analysis; (iv) case studies and lessons learned etc.
– University-level student with minimum a bachelors’ degree and due to graduate within 12 months;
– Ability to start the internship in March-April 2017;
– Prior internship experience in an investment bank, private equity/infrastructure fund, big 4 audit firm or strategy consulting firm;
– Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills;
– Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint;
– Highly-motivated and driven individual with strong willingness to learn and ability to multi-task ;
– Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
– Interest in the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values; and
– Excellent communications skills in English and French
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested students can send their resume and cover letter to Mr. Celian Gondange at the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is January 31 2017.
For Corporate information, please visit www.ifc.org. Please be aware that only selected candidates will be contacted.