Description du poste
Enko Education seeks outstanding School Launchers to manage the opening of our schools across Africa. This is an opportunity to expand a transformative school model that will impact the future of the continent’s youth.
About Enko Education
Young African talents are under-represented in the world’s best universities. In the United States alone, a census by UNESCO reveals 900,000 foreign students, of which only 31,000 originate from sub-Saharan Africa. Similarly, 100,000 students come from India, a country whose population size and GDP per capita are similar to that of the sub-Saharan region. This discrepancy is explained by the inadequacy of traditional secondary education to prepare learners to enroll in globally leading universities.
Enko Education is an Africa-wide fast-growing network of international secondary schools, preparing learners across Africa for admission to the world’s best universities.
Enko Education developed an innovative education model relying on an internationally-recognized curriculum, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). By adopting an asset-light strategy and relying on extensively trained local teachers, Enko Education is able to charge schools fees which are, on average, only a quarter of those charged by other IBDP schools in Africa.
The group opened its first school in September 2013 and now comprises 9 schools, located in Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mozambique and South Africa, and shares the ambition to launch further 30 schools in the next five years. Enko Education is financially supported by international development institutions and funds including Proparco, I&P and Oiko Credit.
We are now planning for:
September 2018 intake :
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
January 2019 intake :
(Launching countries are subject to change)
About the role
The School Launchers are the first persons from the Enko team to arrive in a country before a school starts. Their main responsibility is to autonomously lead all the operations on the ground before the Head of School’s arrival and until the school opens.
The persons in charge will work closely with the Operations Manager and the Marketing & Communication Associate to achieve launches in different countries across the continent.
The School launchers will fully manage all aspects of school launches:
- Incorporate the Enko subsidiary ;
- Open a bank account ;
- Find and upgrade infrastructure ;
- Get the license from government to operate ;
- Recruit and train the support team ;
- Define and implement marketing strategies to recruit parents and students :
Oversee media and social media campaigns ;
Identify potential partners (feeder schools, companies) and sign partnerships ;
Organise marketing events (visits of school premises, info-session, launch cocktail) ;
- Organise and oversee the enrolment process from first contact to admission and enrolment ;
- Source and buy school equipment and services ;
- Prepare arrival of the Head of School (HoS) ;
- Assist the HoS in recruiting the teaching team.
- The person in charge will receive full support of the Enko Central office.
Launching a school is like launching a start-up: constant enthusiasm, can-do attitude, ability to adapt to the daily unexpected events are absolutely required. We are looking for well-rounded candidates, able to lead and run projects from start to end. No specific previous experience in education required, however, prior work experience in start-up and international environments, or other relevant positions, is an important asset.
The ideal candidate:
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on attitude ;
- Is self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision ;
- Is creative, proactive, takes initiatives and thinks about scale ;
- Is hardworking and has outstanding organizational skills, capacity to meet deadlines and work under pressure ;
- Is willing to work in a startup environment where priorities can change from day to day ; is flexible and versatile ;
- Has good oral and written communication and presentation skills ;
- Is humble, seeking out feedback, internalizing it, and using it to self-improve ;
- Has the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures ;
- Has professional working proficiency in English and French or Portuguese ;
- Is proficient with basic Microsoft and Google software: Excel, Powerpoint, Google Drive ;
- Has at least a Master’s degree from a renowned university ;
- Share our excitement to offer a top-notch education to the African middle-class ;
- Demonstrates passion and has previous working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Contract, location and timing
Contract : Full-time position, end of studies internship accepted ;
Location: Southern or West Africa ;
Timing: The successful candidates should start as soon as possible, duration can be discussed.