Description du poste
About the role: Group Business Development Manager
The Group Business Development Manager will drive the growth of Enko Education, mainly on the following four main area of development:
- Management contracts. Exclusive management of schools owned by 3rd parties, encompassing academic, marketing, financial and operations related aspects, leveraging on Enko’s school operator capacity.
- Acquisitions. Majority and minority share investments in equity to expand the network of schools, carried out with own resources or in partnership with other investors such as PE funds.
- Organic growth. Setup of new schools owned and operated by Enko Education in the main African cities
- Consulting services. Educational services to support corporations, funds and educational institutions in assessing or improving school academic and business performance, leveraging our capacity
The Manager will work closely with Enko Education’s CEO on achieving Enko’s ambitious growth targets and shaping the sector of education in Africa. Responsibilities of the Group Business Development Manager will include:
- Originating, instructing and closing business development opportunities through primary research and networking with Enko widespread contacts
- Managing the relationships with existing and potential partners and clients
- Preparing the financial analysis, business plans and presentations supporting development decisions
- Conducting due diligence on prospective investment and partnership opportunities
- Negotiating and structuring customized proposals for partnership and operator/consulting services
- Preparing the legal documentation to support the execution of the deals
The ideal candidate combines the hard skills of an investment professional, the opportunity-driven mindset of an entrepreneur and the relationship skills of a salesperson.
We are looking for someone that shares our excitement to offer a top-notch international education to the African middle-class and understands the affordability challenges and expectations we will face with our parents population.
More than a specific profile, we look for a fit: constant enthusiasm, can-do attitude, ability to adapt to the daily unexpected events and constantly moving objectives are absolutely required.
Ideal characteristics are:
- Deep entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on attitude;
- 4-7 years of working experience, of which at least 2-3 in investing, banking, corporate finance or consulting roles;
- Strong interpersonal skills; adept at relationship building, sales and client management.
- Preferably, previous experience in managing client and partner relationships
- Superior analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Avid traveller and has a lot of available pages in his/her passport!
- Professional working proficiency in English and ideally French. Knowledge of Portuguese is a plus;
- Preference for candidate that demonstrates passion and has previous working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa;
Timing and Location
Location: Johannesburg, with extensive travel in all African countries
Timing : As soon as possible, although flexibility in the start date can be discussed.
À propos de Enko Education
Increasing access to top universities through providing excellent, affordable international secondary education for middle class students in Africa
Young African talents are under-represented in the world’s best universities. In the United States alone, a census by UNESCO reveals 900,000 foreign students, of which only 31,000 originate from sub-Saharan Africa. Similarly, 100,000 students come from India, a country whose population size and GDP per capita are similar to that of the sub-Saharan region. This discrepancy is explained by the inadequacy of traditional secondary education to prepare learners to enroll in globally leading universities.
Enko Education is an Africa-wide fast-growing network of international secondary schools, preparing learners across Africa for admission to the world’s best universities.
Enko Education developed an innovative education model relying on an internationally-recognized curriculum, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). By adopting an asset-light strategy and relying on extensively trained local teachers, Enko Education is able to charge schools fees which are, on average, only a quarter of those charged by other IBDP schools in Africa.
The group opened its first school in September 2013 and now comprises 9 schools, located in Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mozambique and South Africa, and shares the ambition to launch further 30 schools in the next five years. Enko Education is financially supported by international development institutions and funds including Proparco, I&P and Oiko Credit.